HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a 96% efficient furnace with no AC unit. The

Customer Question
I have a 96% efficient...
I have a 96% efficient furnace with no AC unit. The instructions are unclear as to how to hook up the transformer and thermostat to the unit. The transformer that they sent with the unit for the comfortNet system appears to be a 240 transformer. Please help me figure this out.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/16/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Most of the transformers can be wired for either do you see the markings on the transformer?

1 is common. 2 is 208. 3 is 240. I had this hooked up, but the thermostat wouldn't talk to the unit. And the transformer was very hot.

Your unit is 120 is it not?

Are you still there?
This is taking too long. We are not interested in your service.