HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How are you
, I recently purchased the Honeywell Lyric…

Customer Question
Hi.. how are you...

Hi.. how are you

Contractor's Assistant: I'm good. And you?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

HI. I recently purchased the Honeywell Lyric RCH9300WF thermostat. this was to replace an older Honeywell thermostat(model # ***** P1037.) i followed the instruction of the app and connected the wiring as per the Lyric app on my phone.my previous connections====================- Red wire going to RC port(there is jumper cable going to R port- white wire going to the W port- green wire going to the C port- blue wire going to the K portmy new connections on lyric=======================- red wire going to R port(the switch is set to R)- blue wire going to K port- green wire going to C port- white wire going to W portthe lyric powers on and goes through the :wheel: progress bar but then it displays the message that it was unable to power on because the power is not enough.i have verified that connections are secure and also reset the breaker switch a couple of time but to no avail.i have removed the lyric and put back in my new thermostat and now it does not even power on. please help me out. thanks

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/15/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If you did not turn power off at air handler before starting the replacement, you may have let wires touch and blew a small car type fuse in furnace.Lets start by checking that.

http://i.imgur.com/90juVsc.png

http://i.imgur.com/kYe4Epz.png