HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We just had a rinnai heating and tankless hot water wall…

Customer Question
We just had a rinnai...
We just had a rinnai heating and tankless hot water wall hanging furnace installed in dec . the heating seemed to work fine,then all of a sudden one of the zones stopped producing heat. The others were working,we have 3 zones. The circulating pump was dead,they replaced it. About week later another zone went. Same thing circulating pump again. Now the living room heat won't go above 53 degrees,barely have any heat coming out of the baseboard. The owner of the co who installed it came out and said without really checking much said its the windows. The system is working fine ...and yes it is colder out right now -5 -7 degrees
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Rinnai e75cn/e110cn
2/15/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I'm not buying the contractors excuse. If the other zones are heating up then you have a circulation problem in the zone that's cold. It could be due to a failed pump (3 bad pumps would be an odd coincidence) or possibly air in the zone or maybe even a frozen pipe.