HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Rheem Tankless water heater that doesn't heat the…

Customer Question
I have a Rheem Tankless...
I have a Rheem Tankless water heater that doesn't heat the water. The blower comes on for only maybe 10 seconds, and I feel hot air coming out, but then it turns cold and in a few seconds, shuts off...
Can you give me a clue?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/14/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

What are you getting for an error code?

I can't see the panel to see any error codes, a wall was built over it. Do I need to get into that wall? Or is there another way to diagnos?

You need access to the display.

error code 34

This error can be due to restrictions to air flow around the unit. Could be that wall that's so close you couldn't read the display. Un plug the unit then plug it back in and try again but I suspect you may need to take down that wall if you haven't already