HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an American Standard 2 stage furnace model

Customer Question
I have an American...

I have an American Standard 2 stage furnace model AUD800R936K5 and it will light but then go off, it does this several times then the blower comes and and no heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Could it be the thermostat?

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?

No, up until this morning it was working fine. I also changed the filter

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/14/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Remove and clean the flame sensor rod with some fine sand paper or an emery cloth. That is the rod by the burner that has 1 wire attached to it and is typically held in with 1 screw. Just take that out and clean the rod off good and try it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks