HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a new den up stairs that has separate heating zone. I…

Customer Question
I have a new den...
I have a new den up stairs that has separate heating zone. I turned the thermostat up this morning and it didn't click on. I went downstairs and bleed the radiator but still no heat.
Every other radiator is working in the house. Could it be the actual thermostat?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/14/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Yes the thermostat batteries could be low or the thermostat may be bad, have you checked the batteries?

It's electris
the thermostat does not have batteries. Its electric. Its one of those round dial thermostats

Ok can you get at the wires to the thermostat? If so touch the Red wire to the White wire and see if it starts to heat, if so bad thermostat.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

no it does not kick in

OK if it does not kick on then you have an issue with the unit or the thermostat wiring from that thermostat to the unit itself.

the boiler is 1 year old and the wiring to the thermostat is a little over 3 years old as it was a new zone for a newly built room.
Thank you for your help today.. I guess I will need to get our service company technician in to dig further. Thank you again for your assistance

Yes this could be a zone control issue as well. I would try one thing though before calling, shut the power down to the whole system for a full 5 minutes to reset everything and then try it again. Sometimes that will clear up that issue.

From the main wall switch?

Yes correct the main power switch to the unit.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH