HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

, I have a Tempstar gh efficiency furnace that shows an

Customer Question
JA: Thanks. Can you give...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Tempstar high efficiency furnace that shows an error code of two flashes indicating that "the pressure switch(es) closed when it should be open. It happened last year and we remember it being a very easy and quick fix, but we forgot what we had to do.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
2/14/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Take the rubber tube off the pressure switch and inducer motor port, check the tube and make sure it is clean and the port is clean. If so tap on the pressure switch and then try it again. If it happens again replace the pressure switch.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That didn't work. Nothing is happening.

OK remove one of the wires to the pressure switch and see if the unit will then start up. If so the pressure switch contacts are stuck closed and you would need to get a new one.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried that. Still nothing. We have an HVAC guy on his way over now.

OK sounds good if you removed a wire and the unit did not even try to start up and it is still displaying that code, then the board may be bad.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks anyway. It's getting cold in here so we had to call an HVAC person.

No problem

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Since the problem isn't solved, I don't get charged for this, correct?

No you can ask for a refund

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH