HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

, I have a Tempstar gh efficiency furnace that shows an

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Tempstar high efficiency furnace that shows an error code of two flashes indicating that "the pressure switch(es) closed when it should be open. It happened last year and we remember it being a very easy and quick fix, but we forgot what we had to do.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Take the rubber tube off the pressure switch and inducer motor port, check the tube and make sure it is clean and the port is clean. If so tap on the pressure switch and then try it again. If it happens again replace the pressure switch.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't work. Nothing is happening.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK remove one of the wires to the pressure switch and see if the unit will then start up. If so the pressure switch contacts are stuck closed and you would need to get a new one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that. Still nothing. We have an HVAC guy on his way over now.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK sounds good if you removed a wire and the unit did not even try to start up and it is still displaying that code, then the board may be bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks anyway. It's getting cold in here so we had to call an HVAC person.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

No problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since the problem isn't solved, I don't get charged for this, correct?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

No you can ask for a refund