HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have baseboard heat. I had no issue until yesterday.

Customer Question
Granted, it is -6 outside...
I have baseboard heat. I had no issue until yesterday. Granted, it is -6 outside, but it should keep up. The LL said the boiler is fine and that I am causing the problem with things covering the baseboards (which they're not). The thermostat was changed yesterday. What else could be the problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/14/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Is the burner cycling off on high limit? did you or the program turn the thermostat temp down at any point? are all the pipes in the house hot?

I have no idea about the cycling. The LL is the only one who has access to the boiler in the basement. I didn't turn the thermostat down. The pipes are warm-ish but not hot.

What is the LL?

LL is the landlord

Ok, then you need to get in touch with the LL right away and stay on him until he takes care of this. I would imagine the LL would want to get on this given the extreme cold today. He could have some real problems if he delays. Since you have no access to the boiler there's nothing more you ca do

Could it be a faulty (albeit new) thermostat?

Very unlikely this is a thermostat problem

What is the most likely reason?

No way I can know that without access to the boiler.

OK. Thanks

You're welcome