HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Its ***** ***** I have a lennox g51mp
, sure, the heat…

Customer Question
Hi, its ***** *****...

Hi, its ***** ***** I have a lennox g51mp

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Sure, the heat wont turn on I thought it was my nest thermostat but I reset that and when I put it in test mode I realized that the furnace was turning on for like 3 seconds then shutting off

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/14/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the burners ignite then go out within seconds then you probably have a flame rectification (sensing) issue. You can try cleaning the flame sensor rod (see attached pic for typical) with steel wool or an aggressive Scotch Brite pad (fine aluminum oxide sandpaper as a last resort). The flame sensor is positioned in the burner flame. It's held in place by a single screw. Remove it and clean off the metal rod.