HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Honeywell thermostat is set to a" run program"from before…

Customer Question
My Honeywell thermostat is...

My Honeywell thermostat is set to a" run program"from before we moved in. Its been cold so I try to increase the temp and press hold but nothing happens. The screen briefly registers the higher temp them reverts back to the current low temp.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?

I had to change the batteries then when the system didn't work I depolarized them and now its working but with a program I have no idea how to control.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/14/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Have you tried pressing HOLD first them raise the temp?

no I do it the other way

Try pressing HOLD first

I tried pressing hold first and increasing the temp from 64-69 and it held at 64

You're probably seeing the room temp reading. Is the furnace/boiler not running now?

its running

Ok then it sounds like the system is responding. It varies by thermostat model but on some units the set point temp will display first when you press the up or down button.

ok let me check

OK

the rooms seem warmer even though it reads " hold-64"

If you pushed the temp up higher than 64 after hitting the HOLD button but it still reads 64 then you probably have a faulty thermostat

I can't re-program it?

The HOLD feature isn't really programming it. But if the thermostat doesn't respond when you raise the temp setting on HOLD then it's probably defective. Programming means setting the temp lower or higher based on a time of day or day of the week. That's different than the HOLD function which sets the temp at one point all the time.

can the unit tell me if its actually raised the temp? now it seems to be saying the temp is lower than it actually is

The only way to confirm this is to use a separate thermometer. If the thermostat isn't working right then you can't trust anything it displays. If your thermometer show a significant difference in the room temp from what the thermostat says then that's another indication of a faulty thermostat

ok I will have to go out and get a thermometer can I reach you later?

Just come back to this thread. It won't go away and I'll answer related follow up questions after you rate me favorably

ok will do

Ok