HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How do you repair the On -Off Switch? the remote would

Customer Question
How do you repair the...
How do you repair the On -Off Switch? For months the remote would control everything except on and off. We had to turn the set on and off manually on the switch located on the right side of the set. Now this doesn't work, and a yellow light is on at the bottom of the set. Sound still comes from the correct channel, so is guess it is on but no picture.
lee *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/14/2016
HVAC Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

if you could open up your remote you can take a Q-tip with alcohol and clean the contact board and the buttons......a black residue should come off and onto the Q-tip ...........go over it with a dry Q-tip without leaving any fuzz and let it dry a little more before putting it back together............the on/off switch probably gets the most use and abuse so if this doesn't do the trick they make a solution I can refer to try .............let me know

Thanks

eddie

Carefully did what you said. Nothing no improvement.

I thought this might have got it back but it looks like you need a TV repair................ don't worry about rating me........... I wish I could have been of more help..........good luck

eddie

I was charged. I don't understand.

just for a subscription which you can ask for your money back ...............but you if you dont rate me I dont get paid for the issue

in other words you have to have a membership first to get questions answered ...........if you have an issue a varying charge is additional .........and it could go up if you ask to be phoned...........or additional information ........that's how it all works

To whom it may concern...cancel my subscription effective immediately. Do not deduct funds. Leland *****

Hi Lee you can't resolve it here ...........this is just an open answer ticket ...........look for JA contact us

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor