HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Payne furnace and the temp here in NH is -14

Customer Question
degrees right now, wind chill...
I have a Payne furnace and the temp here in NH is -14 degrees right now, wind chill of -39. I know the issue is with my limit switch on the gas coming in, probably at 8.5 lbs instead of the recommended 10 lbs. The HVAC tech showed me how I could bypass this before but I don't have alligator clips.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Can you walk me through the process of bypassing the limit switch for pressure using a paperclip?
I am assuming that the issue is we just received a propane delivery coupled with the extreme low temperatures has caused there to be a drop in incoming pressure, hence causing the limit switch to trip.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/14/2016
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 2 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

The limit switch should not have anything to do with low pressure on your LP. What is the full model of your furnace? Are you getting any LED flash code?