gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

Was wondering if someone can help with thermostat wiring. I

Customer Question

was wondering if someone can help with thermostat wiring. I am trying to put a Honeywell RTH7600 RET97 Series thermostat on a 12 year old Trane system with heat pump and gas furnace. The old system had a Robertshaw thermostat with the following wires:
W1; Y1; G; R; 24V [which was jumpered to R]; O; B; RS+V; RS1; RS2.
The new Honeywell has the following terminals:
C / C W2 / AUX
G / G Y2 / E
Y / Y / L
O,B / W
RC / RC
R / R [jumper to RC above]
I have labeled the old wires and don't know how to land them on the new thermostat
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Robertshaw thermostat I believe is a model 300-208
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

That thermostat is not set up for dual fuel applications. You need Vision Pro 8000D. The dual fuel; will use an outdoor sensor to monitor the furnace and heat pump. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks

You are welcome. I use the 800 on my duel fuel application. The furnace is backup and the heat pump shuts down at 35 degrees and the gas furnace takes over. All done by outside sensor with heat pump lockout in the thermostat. Russ