HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Ruud Silhouette II furnace. It will call, the

Customer Question
I have a Ruud...

I have a Ruud Silhouette II furnace. It will call for heat, the blower will come on, the igniter will glow but no gas is sent to light and heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

I have a Ruud furnace that will call for heat, the igniter will glow, but the gas won't come on for the igniter to light the propane.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/13/2016
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 2 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

If ignitior is coming on, but no burners light, it will most likely be one of three things: no gas to furnace, a bad board, or a bad gas valve. Once you check gas to furnace and that's OK, next step would be to measure voltage at valve to see which of the two remaining ones it is.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer