Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

My furnace does not have a limiter switch. It's an old York

Customer Question

My furnace does not have a limiter switch. It's an old York oil furnace and I want to out a new Beckett oil burner on it with a GeniSys 120V Model 7505 controller. Can I without using the Limit wire?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Your FAN/LIMIT control is your limit switch. So you should be able to wire up the new GeniSys ignition control.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are a lot of wires going to and from this device which one? My Power comes in to a box I haven't opened yet. Wires go up to fan and back to the box and a hot red goes to power the old burner with a white and ground. A quick diagram would be helpful .
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

It should be pretty simple. What wires are currently connected to your existing burner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or perhaps I wire the GenSys to the hot and that box and use the return red for the Limit?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Since I don't know specifically what you have I would think your burner currently has a 120v hot and neutral and the thermostat is connected to the ignition control?

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

If you aren't sure how about a picture of the burner showing me the wiring. You can post a pic here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button