HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I HAVE A MODEL 400m. I CHANGED THE FILTER AND NOW IT DOESN'T…

Customer Question
I HAVE A MODEL 400m...
I HAVE A MODEL 400m. I CHANGED THE FILTER AND NOW IT DOESN'T MAINTAIN OR PRODUCE AS MUCH HUMIDTY IN THE HOUSE AS THE OLD FILTER DID. THE BOTTOM OF THE FILTER IS WET BUT THE REST OF THE FILTER IS DRY.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/13/2016
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

May need water level sensor checked. Here is owners manual if you do not have one. Make sure water level control is working properly and set correctly. Russ

I have a manual water level control is working. The water level is .180" below the overflow side.
I have 3 furnaces and 3 of the 400M for three areas in my house. I changed all three water panels (Aprilaire 45 water panels) at the same time. Within a few days the humidity in the whole house dropped from 34% to 25%. After i wrote you out of desperation I flipped the panels vertically180 degrees and the humidity is back to normal . Any idea why flipping the water panels would matter?