Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I HAVE A MODEL 400m. I CHANGED THE FILTER AND NOW IT DOESN'T

Customer Question

I HAVE A MODEL 400m. I CHANGED THE FILTER AND NOW IT DOESN'T MAINTAIN OR PRODUCE AS MUCH HUMIDTY IN THE HOUSE AS THE OLD FILTER DID. THE BOTTOM OF THE FILTER IS WET BUT THE REST OF THE FILTER IS DRY.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

May need water level sensor checked. Here is owners manual if you do not have one. Make sure water level control is working properly and set correctly. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a manual water level control is working. The water level is .180" below the overflow side.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 3 furnaces and 3 of the 400M for three areas in my house. I changed all three water panels (Aprilaire 45 water panels) at the same time. Within a few days the humidity in the whole house dropped from 34% to 25%. After i wrote you out of desperation I flipped the panels vertically180 degrees and the humidity is back to normal . Any idea why flipping the water panels would matter?