HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Building has a sprinkler system, with the new codes does the…

Customer Question
building has a sprinkler system...
building has a sprinkler system, with the new codes does the equipment room for the elevator have to be fire rated? it has a makeup air duct & an exhaust system. if not what are the statues? thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/12/2016
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 2 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

To answer your question, yes any mechanical rooms such as elevator rooms have to fire rated both with drywall and any penetrations sealed with fire resistant caulking.

Did you have any questions on this or can we close question out?

CLOSE IT OUT

Have all your questions been answered satisfactorily?

The only reply I got from you is "CLOSE IT OUT". My goal on here is to provide answers to customers questions and make sure they were satisfied. So if you can post back and let me know if all your questions were answered satisfactorily, I would appreciate it.