HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Ariston E-combi 24/30/38 (not sure which one) it…

Customer Question
Hi I have a Ariston...
Hi I have a Ariston E-combi 24/30/38 (not sure which one) it has power to it as the green light is letting me know that it's turned on. The pressure is showing 2.3 bar and it isn't even trying to fire up at all. No matter if I move the knows or not
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
I put the hot tap on and it tries to fire up 3 times and doesn't do anything at all. Just doesn't fire up and then shuts itself off
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/12/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

What does it do when it tries to light exactly?

It doesn't eveneed try to light at the moment. It only tries to light if I run the hot water. It tries to light 3 times then doesn't do anything

OK does it spark when trying to light?

I can't see a spark but then I don't know where to look. It definitely sounds like it's trying to fire up
I just have got the hot water going. The boiler is lit but it has not sorted the heating. The heating just isn't responding and the radiators don't warm up or anything even though I have the knob turned to full heat

Has it been running for a little bit?

Yeah but as soon as I turn the water off on the tap the boiler turns itself off

Is the thermostat working for the boiler?

No, not that I can see. It's just not responding at all. Usually I will turn it on and the turn the temperature knob to where I want it and it fires up. It's not firing up at all or responding to the knows being changed. The power light is on. It seems to respond to the hot water being turned on but that is a maximum of about 2 minutes then the flame goes out and the red light comes on

Can you get to the thermostat connection on the board in the unit.