HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

This is cool! Sorry, I have a humidistat, which a technician

Customer Question
Hi ***** *****, this is...
Hi ***** *****, this is cool!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry, my name is***** have a humidistat, which a technician told me will need to be replaced, because it only seems to "kick-in", as in click on, when the dial is set to 80%. I've since bought an Aprilaire humidistat, I believe model 56 or something to go with the humidifier I have with my furnace. I'm looking to install it, and it does have instructions, but the old humidistat is hooked up that when it's set above 30%, the water never stops flowing through the humidifier. I want to connect the new humidistat to the furnace circuit board such that it only turns on if the furnace is on AND the humidity setting requires it to come on. last winter, we had significant condensation on our windows, and mold in spots by spring.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
for whatever reason, I never got returned to my chat with Mark Henley.
2/11/2016
HVAC Technician: Jason Whatley, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Whatley
Jason Whatley, HVAC Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you out. Can you tell me where the humidistat wiring is tied into the circuit board? You may have to trace them back from the humidistat to the furnace (if they are tied into the furnace)

One wire should go to the C terminal, but we need to know where the other wire is terminated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for your reply, I'll have to check that when I get home.

No problem at all. Just reply here and I will get a message to return to the chat. It may be take a little while to return since I will be in the field, but I will return so we can continue!

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer