HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How can I compare the energy efficiency of carrier 48kc and…

Customer Question
How can I compare the...
How can I compare the energy efficiency of carrier 48kc and 48lc units? Also, are the 48lc eligible for energy tax credits? Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/11/2016
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 2 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

The Carrier 48KC is a 14 SEER standard efficiency unit. Although it is certainly higher in efficiency than some of the older roof top units, it is not as high in efficiency as the Carrier 48LC. The 48LC is an ultra high efficiency unit with SEER ratings up to 17.5 and a direct drive ECM motor. The Carrier 48LC will certainly qualify for a rebate as it is over 16 SEER.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions.

Did you have additional questions on this?