HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am ***** *****. Are you available right now? Cold room,

Customer Question
Hi I am *****...

Hi I am ***** *****. Are you available right now?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Cold room, second hand installation someone else did. seems to be R404 setup, compressor is 404, room was not running and a check with gauges, seems as the ppl who installed filled with R22. after running for about 20 min, air temp out of evap about 13 deg cel. compressor freezing up. sight glass show liquid line filling up and bubbles going away so there is enough gas. would R22 in a R404 system cause the lack of efficiency and cause compressor to freez?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/11/2016
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, industrial refrigeration is one of my specialty areas, however I have to be out of the office on a job for a few hours shortly.. if you want to wait a bit I will look into this for you... otherwise you can opt me out and one of our other experts will pick your question up.

Hello, I am back.

Tell me please about how large the room is, length, width and height. Some photo's of evaporator coil(s) and condensing unit will be helpful, you can attach them here using the paper clip icon at right end of the dialog box too bar.