HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Hunter 44127 thermastat and the fan on the A/c

Customer Question
comes on when the furnace...
I have a Hunter 44127 thermastat and the fan on the A/c comes on when the furnace starts.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/11/2016
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, So far it sounds like the thermostat is wired incorrectly or there is a short circuit between two of the wires, or you have installed a heat pump thermostat into a conventional system.

Tell me if you can, which color wires attached to which terminals on the *old thermostat if you can.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right endof the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here.,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code readout is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagramplease.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

We can go from there.