HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a York Stellar Plus heat pump -air conditioner. Last…

Customer Question
I have a York Stellar...
I have a York Stellar Plus heat pump -air conditioner. Last night the heat quit working. I was able to test the ignitor and found it had a resistance of 80 ohms so I don't think it is blown. I can start the furnace by turning of the gas letting it set for 5 minutes and turning off the electricity. I can switch both back on and using a butane ignitor that I use for the bbq and start it. It will then warm the house until it reaches the point set by the thermostat and then shut down. The ignitor is not getting hot. I am sure that some switch is stopping it from heating.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
The furnace is natural gas.
2/11/2016
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Should have flash code that tell you the problem. If you have resistance on the ignitor and it does not glow. It is a bad board that is the problem. Relay inside board that brings on ignitor is bad. Russ

The flash is constant with no breaks does that indicate the board is bad.
It shows on a flow chart that constant flashing is external to the board. So could it be a transformer? Where is the transformer located and what does it look like.

You would not have a flash if transformer was bad. What color is the light flashing. Yellow/amber green or red. Russ

Red flashing solid with no breaks just continuous flash flash flash

The ignitor comes off the board. Please take photo of board and attach please.

Board is a White Rogers 507E070. It does control the ignitor. So I believe you are correct

If you have a voltmeter unplug the ignitor. Set meter on 200 volts and turn on furnace to see if you have voltage to ignitor. Russ

board is 50e47 sorry

On board swap TR and TH wires and retry furnace. Russ

Just trying to rule out board. Russ

I replaced the board and it is working properly. Thank you!

Great job. Thanks Russ