HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I just moved into a rental townhouse that has a Goodman

Customer Question
furnace.The manual lists *M(H,S)8 GD(H,)8 GD(H,S)8 GHS8 etc It runs well...
I just moved into a rental townhouse that has a Goodman furnace.The manual lists
*M(H,S)8
GD(H,)8
GD(H,S)8
GHS8
etc
It runs well when ramping up in the morning from sleep to awake. Once it reaches the proper temperature it fires up every four minutes all day. Is the what it should be doing ?
If not what can be one about it?
Dwight Haberman
Roseville, MN
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/10/2016
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello.

The thermostat is programmable. if you can remove the front part of it, on the back will a brand and model number, you can reprogram it for a wider differential. It is probably programmed to come on and off on a 1 degree F temperature change. 2F differential is more usual.

If it is already programmed for 2F differential, then it is likely located in the warm air draft of the nearest warm air outlet.

Get me the brand and model number of the thermostat, we can go from there. Goodman can accept a few dozen different ones, there is no telling what the installer chose to use.