HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Are there any detailed instructions about removing and

Customer Question
Are there any detailed...

Are there any detailed instructions about removing and replacing the Thermo Couple from the burner end of a Unitrol Valve

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

The TC is attached to a bracket which is attached to the burner of the hot water tank. How best to remove and replace the TC from the bracket

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?

When I removed the burner assembly it was covered with flakes of rust I guess it was. That doesnt seem to be a good sign. Any comments? How important is it to replace the gasket around the plate w the little viewing port that holds the pilot light, TC burner etc. Thanks

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/4/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What is the model on the unit you are working on?

I dont have the part numbers but have enclosed pics. Is this a thermo couple or thermo pile?
I think its a ROBERTSHAW GAS VALVE
See pics. Thanks

The thermocouple should either have threads or a little still clip.If threads it will screw out and if clip, it just pulls out.Can you attach a photo showing the bracket from bottom

I did enclose pics in my previous :)
It is late here in Vancouver so I am hitting the hay. I will continue this tmorow