HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The display on my thermostat will not come on. I have

Customer Question
buetler model ts40b...
The display on my thermostat will not come on. I have buetler model ts40b
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/4/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Does your thermostat control a regular furnace?

I don't think so. It's ac/heating in one unit I believe.

Ok is the thermostat a separate wall one?

I have 2 different wall thermostats - one in main living area, one in master bedroom and neither of the displays will turn on.

OK there should be a low voltage fuse on the board in the Heating unit. Often they put a 3-5 amp slot fuse right on the control board in the heating unit. There also could be an inline one, but you should check for that first as if it is blown that will make both thermostats dead.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks