HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My heater won't come on, pilot is lit, not the thermostat…

Customer Question
My heater won't come on...
My heater won't come on, pilot is lit, not the thermostat
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/2/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Have you tried to shut power off to the furnace for a full minute to reset the unit? Also what is the unit doing or not doing?

Not sure how to shut the power off, you mean turn it off? Oh, yeah, many times, and reset the thermostat, tried a new thermostat, not the thermostat. The pilot is lit, heater won'the start.
It did this at the end of last winter, but this year started right back up until 2 days ago, was windy. It is old and rusty
It froze last night I am so cold.

Have you tried to jumper the R and W thermostat wires at the unit to see if it will light up to rule out a thermostat or thermostat wiring issue?

is not thermostat

Can you take a picture of the board and upload it here so I can see your unit?

had to get fixed in person
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.