Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Seems to be no power coming to HVAC unit after (attempting

Customer Question

Seems to be no power coming to HVAC unit after (attempting to) change to a new thermostat. Worked before, wanted to upgrade the old Honeywell to a Nest.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Nest didn't recognize the red wire (power), since removed unit, used voltage tester, not getting a reading from wire or directly from electric panel on side of furnace.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Where are you testing voltage?