HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My 40 year old Gaffers & Satler (S120), burners turn off…

Customer Question
My 40 year old Gaffers...
My 40 year old Gaffers & Satler (S120), burners turn off befor the set temp. is reached.
It seems to cycle on/off every 4 to 5 minutes.
Also I can't locate the fan limit switch shown on the furnace sticker.
Any suggestions?
THanks, RCV
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/2/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

May be tough for me to find a manual on one this old.Can you send a picture of wiring diagram and unit?

If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or

You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .

Here is a link to the site.

http://tinypic.com/

Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.

They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW

You will see your picture on right side of screen.

Then copy the link URL for email & IM

Paste that link here on the site.

My immediate concern is the burner cycling on & off, (there is no electrical diagrahm).RCV

Do you see a limit with with a set point of between 200 and 250 with 2 wires going to it in the circuit to gas valve?

OK, I see there is no easy answere here. Please end session, & thank you...RCV