Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My furnace will not get hotter than 66 degrees. I have a

Customer Question

Hi my furnace will not get hotter than 66 degrees. I have a bayweb intenet thermostat and their tech says that the thermostat is calling for heat but the furnace shuts off.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The temperature stays in the range of 64-66 even if I have the therostat set to 72 degrees. This has happened since yesterday morning. I have the temperature set to 66 at night and 70 after 7 am
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Can you do some hands on troubleshooting? Also give me model on furnace you are having problems with.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If you can provide model on furnace I will pull a manual on furnace and help you with tep by step troubleshooting.The website does offer phone call service for an additional fee of 18.00.If you select the additional service offer, you may get a different technician.Accepting the offer automatically charges you for the question as well as the additional 18.00 phone call fee. We can work here until finished at no additional fee.If you do want a phone call and don't mind the extra fees let me know ,otherwise we will continue here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can The model number is ***** 58MXA100-16
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ANYONE THERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK The 58MXA has a control board mounted in blower compartment with an error light on board.If furnace shuts down while thermostat is still calling for heat, we should get an error code indicating what is failing by flash pattern.For example if a limit opens we will get one short flash followed by 3 long flashes. When it shuts off and should be running. look on the board and give me the flash code.That will tell us where to concentrate .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there airheatman, Phil has broken in and I cannot contact you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phil wants $28.00 more What gives
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Yes I am here. Can you tell me if we get a flash code on board when furnace fails and should be on?The website does offer phone call service for an additional fee of 18.00.If you select the additional service offer, you may get a different technician.Accepting the offer automatically charges you for the question as well as the additional 18.00 phone call fee. We can work here until finished at no additional fee.If you do want a phone call and don't mind the extra fees let me know ,otherwise we will continue here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Yes I am here. Can you tell me if we get a flash code on board when furnace fails and should be on