HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a wall heater. I am installing a new 240 Line voltage…

Customer Question
I have a wall heater...
I have a wall heater. I am installing a new 240 Line voltage thermostat, Single pole. I was dumb and unhooked the old thermostat wires before labeling them. The white is already hooked up(white to white). My problem comes that the other 2 wires in the wall box are black. How do I find out which wire is Power and which is Heater?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
2/1/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If you have a volt meter we can check between White and each black to see which has power on it.

That is the proper way to determine.You can get an inexpensive meter at Walmart for about 15 bucks if you do not have one.

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician