Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have a red solid light on heat 1 on our HZ322 zoning

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** we have a red solid light on heat 1 on our HZ322 zoning panel.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Our heat is not working and the zone 1 and zone 2 lights are solid green
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a 3 level home with a furnace for the top floor (3rd floor only) that is working. The main floor and basement furnace is not working. When I turned on the heat for the upstairs higher, it kicked on and the red light on heat 1 went off but the main floor and basement floors are not getting heat and the garage furnace is not turning on.
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

Check furnace 1st. Go to furnace and look into small hole in blower cover. You should see a blinking LED. Count flashes that will give problem area. Need Model number of furnace . Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a green blinking LED light on the outside cover. It blinks twice

Brand of furnace please. Turn power off to furnace and back on this will reset fault. Retry furnace and let me know if it fires for a few seconds. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Heil heating and cooling products. I shut off the power and turned it back on after 10 seconds. The red light on heat one is off now and the orange light for purg is on. It did this before when I took the panel off which reset the furnace. The furnace does not click on and that green light is flashing consistently now vs before even flash twice and then be off and then flash twice and be off. The purge light is now off and the heat one light is back to being red again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once that red light for heat one came back on the light went back to two flashes green then off

Sound like ignitor or sensor. I will opt out for another expert. Russ