Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is chaun and I have a nordyne model feha 012ha-01

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** I have a nordyne model feha 012ha-01 electric furnace and the fan does not run now and when we turn it on all it does is make a noize like its trying to come on. Could this be the blower motor or something more serious?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When we try to turn the thermostat up or down with power on and unit on automatic it just makes a faint noise like its trying to come on but nothing else happens.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

May be just a capacitor. Open blower door and spin wheel. If it is hard to turn or does not spin freely it is fan. Also you can open panel and have some one turn on heat and try to spin fan to see if it will start. If it does it just maybe capacitor. Cheap easy fix. The capacitor is the silver component usually fasted to fan housing. It size will be something like 5uf 370 VAC or 7.7 uf 370 VAC. Russ