HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a LenoxG2003/4E-125-6. The blower sounds like a tank…

Customer Question
I have a LenoxG2003/4E-125-6...

I have a LenoxG2003/4E-125-6. The blower sounds like a tank intermittently. I have cleaned it and see nothing loose. Thanks ***** *****

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

With the cover off and starting it I do not see anything loose. That's it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/31/2016
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Sorry no one picked you up. Does the blower shake. Russ

no

What kind of noise does it make. Trying to see if is bearing or squirrel cage. Russ

as if the fan was loose but I do not see or feel it wobble
how would I look for the bearing?
where, sorry

Id ir sounds like fan is loose. That is usually the large hub on squirrel cage blow spinning on the hub. Rheem and Lennox have problems with this. You really can not see it spin on shaft but that sounds like problem. Which means you have to replace squirrel cage blower. Not motor just blower. Russ