HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Amana 90 furnace, like many of the questions I'm reading on…

Customer Question
Hi Scott, Amana 90 furnace, like...
Hi Scott,
Amana 90 furnace, like many of the questions I'm reading on here. I have leaking issues. I have the inducer plate off, and the plate that attaches to furnace wall (3 screw on each side, does not seem to come off. I can see the gasket had dropped out and I think I read that this gasket is for air and not water. I can RTV the inducer plate after peeling out the gasket, but do I need to go further and remove the main plate?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/30/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Main plate should come off if all screws are removed.What is model on furnace?

Amana 90 GUCA090AX40
I have removed the plastic inducer plate but the leak by the rust line appears to be behind the aluminum plate that the plastic plate bolts to. It does not want to come off and I did not want to force it, but you say it should pull forward and off?

Let me grab a manual

OK standing by.
Should I do this by text?
Oh never mind I see the attach button.

If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or

You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .

Here is a link to the site.

http://tinypic.com/

Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.

They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW

You will see your picture on right side of screen.

Then copy the link URL for email & IM

Paste that link here on the site.

http://tinypic.com/r/2zsnxg5/9
Try this. You can see the rust line coming from behind the plate
Still there?

LOL. Yes but I dumbfounded.I am an Amana dealer but have no idea on this one.I thought you had the round inducer as shown in pictures I sent. I am going to opt out to see if another expert is familiar with this.

I am going to open to other experts who may be able to assist with better accuracy rather that just tell you to start changing parts which would be less than professional and a guess at best without doing some troubleshooting.Please wait to see if someone is available more familiar with your unit.Replying will send this back to my desk and delay the process of getting an answer to your question

Your picture is correct. I removed the inducer, and then the plastic plate that the inducer is screwed to, that exposes the plate that I sent you a picture of.