HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

You have the same first name as my dad! My name is *****

Customer Question
Hey, you have the same...
Hey, you have the same first name as my dad! My name is ***** ***** and we have an oil furnace with baseboard hot water heat -- we get our other hot water from the same source (only different pipes). We've never had any issues with our heat or hot water... until the other day when we began to have our bathroom redone. Our heat still works fine but the hot water to the sinks, dishwasher, etc. doesn't get hot. Flow is fine, but it just doesn't get hot. Our heater guy has been here and said that it seems that the heater is functioning properly.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Our neighbor was just here trying to trouble shoot and he seems to think that we need to add water... all of the pipes get hot, so it's not that the furnace isn't heating it, it just depletes very rapidly. Is it possible that water needs to be added somewhere/somehow? He said it almost sounds like a car overheating.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Home Improvement Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
1/30/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you're getting your hot water from a coil in the boiler then it sounds like you have a problem with the tempering/mixing valve near the coil. This mixer adds a little cold water to the too hot water coming out f the coil so you don't get burned from the hot water. The mixer will probably need to be rebuilt or replaced

Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor