HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Weil-McLain CGM hot water boiler with spark

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Weil-McLain CGM hot water boiler with spark ignition. evert once and a while I get a delayed ignition with a boom. it happen more when its very cold out or at night. I can cycle the boiler 10 times or more and it will not happen while Im looking at it. Any suggestion on what is the cause?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I get a delayed light off and I hear a BOOM from a gas build up in the burner box.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/29/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Delayed ignition is typically caused by dirty burners. So cleaning the burners is the first thing to do.