HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Scotsman Ice maker Quit making ice Fins r clean Water comes…

Customer Question
Scotsman Ice maker Quit making ice Fins...
Scotsman Ice maker
Quit making ice
Fins r clean
Water comes in
Drain works
Ran a clean mode all worked compressor came on
Returned to run cycle
Filled with water
Compressor never kicked in
Is is stuck in dump ice mode
If so how do I clean what ever needs cleaning
R ur advise
Sccg59-mmodel
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/29/2016
HVAC Technician: shaithus1,
 replied 2 years ago
shaithus1

Hi let me see if I can help... we need to know that the compressor is being called on to work.. if you have a multimeter you can check for voltage at the relay for the compressor... if you have voltage at the relay coil but the relay is not switching...its the relay... if the relay switches and you have voltage at the compressor but the compressor wont run...its the compressor...

If you have no experience with electrical.... I would suggest contacting your repair company.... as you can cause yourself and the unit death or severe harm.

Let me know what you find...

Phillip

I just got home and have an electrician
Friend coming with one
We will ck then text u back
Can u send me ur cell so I can have him call u when He is here
I only get home late
Where is the switch located on the compressor
HVAC Technician: shaithus1,
 replied 2 years ago

I'm sorry, JA wont allow us to provide phone numbers...