HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Westinghouse IQ drive unit and keep getting a lo…

Customer Question
I have a Westinghouse IQ...
I have a Westinghouse IQ drive unit and keep getting a lo pressure fault and a hi temp fault 3 or 4 times when the heat is called for.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/27/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Do you have refrigerant gauges to watch and see what pressures are doing?

This is on the gas furnace side of the unit

I see, Can you give me model on furnace?

IQ drive furnace 120,000 btu wp=208822 fg7mkqw series 97 % modulating

Thanks for that information.I have the manual now.Tell me exactly what codes you are getting on the green and red lights.

Thanks for this information. It appears that the high pressure switch opened first, then high temp limit and then low pressure.

Normally if the pressure switches open it is due to one of the flowing:

1.Blocked or restricted vent intake or exhaust

2.Losing vacuum to switch because water or debris is blocking one of the hoses

3.Main drain blocked preventing water from draining and causing los of vacuum

The high temp limit should only open if chamber overheats.Usually caused by dirty filter,blower failing, dirty evaporator coil,ductwork or return blocked.defective heat exchanger.

Thanks for allowing me to work with you.It appears the scope of your problem goes beyond a simple answer but rather some detailed troubleshooting.I am a licensed heating and air conditioning contractor with just over 30 years in the business.We may need the following tools for troubleshooting. A few hand tools,Volt meter and temperature probe, and be able to do hands on trouble shooing procedures.

Our website offers an "Additional Service" option where we can work on this as long as it takes with no time limits for a set price.

Should you choose to not accept the offer at this time, it will remain available if you should decide to at a later time.If you choose not to accept the additional offer at this time I will continue to assist you for up to an hour at no additional costs.

If you would like to accept this plan, simply click on the "Get Additional Service " button.The additional service will cost you a bit more money, but in most cases, still cost much less than paying for a technician to come to your home.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer