HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I got a Amana guca090bx40 furnace the igniter will glow

Customer Question
Hi ***** ***** I...

Hi ***** ***** I got a Amana guca090bx40 furnace the igniter will glow orange and the unit shut down after a few and give me 8 flashes on the control board

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The induce motor comes on the 120 is present at the igniter but it is not calling for the main burner to come on

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/27/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Troubleshooting chart does not show 8 flashes. Do you have a meter to see if you get 24v to gas valve when igniter glows?

How long should the ignitior glow before it open the gas valve

Normally about 17 seconds. Then you should hear gas valve click and open

can it be the pressure switch not closing

I see you have requested a phone call. Accepting the phone call will automatically bill you for the question plus an addition 18.00 for phone call. If you agree to that, let me know and I will be happy to call you.

If pressure switch was not closing, igniter would not glow.