HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How do I set a F10-261 to JUST manual and not programmed…

Customer Question
how do I set a...
how do I set a F10-261 to JUST manual and not programmed once it's been programmed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/27/2016
HVAC Technician: Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

Could this be a model 1F80-261? I have the manual for that model. For the most part, the White Rodgers digital thermostats all program and function the same or very similarly.

On the model I reference above, to enter the "HOLD" function indefinitely, first set the thermostat to heat (or cool) then press "RUN" just to make sure you start fresh, then momentarily press HOLD. HOLD should be displayed solidly (not flashing) on the display. Now you just adjust the temperature you want to set by pressing the up and down arrows.

NOTE: If you press and hold the HOLD key for approximately 5 seconds and HOLD appears on the display but it's flashing, you have entered the "timed hold feature" not the permanent hold feature. To exit that feature, simply press RUN again. Then you can briefly press the HOLD button again to enter permanent hold.

Let me know if you have further questions on this subject. Otherwise, please remember to rate before leaving (3 stars or higher please!). Bonuses are always appreciated! Thanks for allowing me to help and thanks for using Just Answer!

Thank you,
Brian