HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Lennox gas fireplace has been running since October and…

Customer Question
My Lennox gas fireplace has...
My Lennox gas fireplace has been running since October and suddenly quit last night. Now the pilot won't light. It doesn't even sound like the gas is running when I push in the pilkot button. What might cause this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/26/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

There are 2 likely possibilities. One is that the pilot orifice is clogged. The other is that there's a problem with the gas control valve. You can determine which is the case by disconnecting the pilot tubing at the gas valve. If you have gas at that port when you press the dial/button like you would when you try to light the pilot, then the pilot orifice is clogged. If you don't have gas there then the gas valve is faulty.