HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The thermostat screen does not light up or display any

Customer Question
***** *****. The...

***** *****. The thermostat screen does not light up or display any information... I have to pull the front off the wall to turn off the heat pump.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The heat pump is a Northern Heat Pump, the X terra series. Yesterday, the screen went blank... we changed the batteries, but that didn't change anything... the heater coil circuit breaker had tripped off... I turned off the pump, opened the panel and pressed the reset button... closed up the panels, flipped the breakers on and the thermostat came on. I pressed the "house" on the display and the heat came on.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
I would like to decline any offer to have a free weekly or monthly service. How do I return to the screen where a technician can assist me?
1/26/2016
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. What is model of thermostat.