HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Trane YCX024G1M0AB heater/air conditioner. The

Customer Question
pilot light is out. I...
I have a Trane YCX024G1M0AB heater/air conditioner. The pilot light is out. I checked the fan (both on A/C and on manual) and it works OK. A/C works OK. The thermostat appears to work OK. I removed the cover plate on the unit, verified there are no broken or frayed wires, verified the gas control solenoid is working (sniff test), and verified gas flow into the manifold.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/26/2016
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 2 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

Does the combustion motor start on a call for heat?

I can hear a motor running when I have the side panel off, thermostat set to heat, temp set to 70.
are you there ?
This is a total disappointment. Your chat line DOES NOT WORK.I want my money back.

Sorry, was working with another customer. There will be a small vent type thing on the side of the unit. You can listen here to know if combustion motor is starting.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer