Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Name is ***** *****. How do I by pass the heat pump to heat

Customer Question

Customer: hi, name is ***** *****. How do I by pass the heat pump to heat olny? I had an issue with bypass valve last summer and we had the system run at ac only at the time. Now with the cold weather in Fla, we need to by pass the unit to a heat only mode. it is a American Standard model TWD730B100A0, ser #F45207308
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no heat in system, since summer. it is a heat pump sustem.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

Probably the easiest way is to shut power off to outdoor unit, then as temperature drops in the house, eventually auxilary heat should kick in.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried this yet?