HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Here. Our heat will not turn off even though the thermostat…

Customer Question
Hi. ***** ***** here...

Hi. ***** ***** here. Our heat will not turn off even though the thermostat is set to 71 and the heat in the house is 78!!! I've tried to turn the heat OFF and the system still stayed on.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

This is the second time this has happened in the past week. It is now 79 is our house and the heat will not turn off. What do you need know exactly?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/25/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

What do you have for a furnace?

Goodman
It does nit seem to be running, I went outside to check earlier.

I need the model number. You have a heat pump?

heat pump

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Ssz140301ag is the model #
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Is both indoor and outdoor running when thermostat is already satisfied?

Indoor only

OK can you do some hands on?

Go to thermostat and remove front cover.Then disconnect the R wire from thermostat and see if unit goes off or still runs

Ok....ill let you know...having trouble inscrewing

Standing by

I cannot get the red wire out

Try W wire then

Ok got the red one out system still on

I expected so. Your problem is a stuck sequencer in the air handler. Is that something you are comfortable replacing

Where is the sequencer located?

It will be top panel of air handler .Give me air handler model and I can be a bit more specific.

Goodman model ssz 140301ag

That is outdoor. Indoor is what stays running

Ok. It is Honeywell but I don't know the model #. Where can I find it?

LOL. Indoor is most likely Goodman also. It will be in closet attic or basement.Air handler is where the air is drawn in and recirculated through ducts

Ok. I cannot get into the crawl space at this time. Can you tell me what should do after I get the model number?
I guess we are done then?

If you would like to continue when you can get to air handler or have someone there who can, we can troubleshoot, but most likely we will find the sequencer needs to be replaced.

Thank you!

No problem, just let me know