HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

A friend of mine has just had a emerson ridgers 12 inch

Customer Question
A friend of mine has...
A friend of mine has just had a emerson white ridgers 12 inch digital thermostat display installed
He is using this one thermostat to heat 3 apartments
Is this possible ? I cant understand how one thermostat way down in the basement in the boiler room on top of that can control efficiently three seperate apartments? Is this possible he has two hot water heaters and one gas furnace. Im asking cause the guy that installed the thermostat installed it in the boiler room which is a very hot room compared to other rooms in building anyway i moved thermostat to a more neutral room where itll get a better ambient room
Temp but it still not in the right place
Is there anyway and or system that can be split between three aprtments? Using one furnace and not allowing tennants to control the temp in each apartment? Im sure there is a way to do this but i need some help getting pointed in the right direction???? Any help greatly appreciated thank you Ciro
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/25/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

It depends on the type of radiation. If the apartments have baseboards then it's a lot easier than if they have radiators. What does the building have? baseboard or radiators?