airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I replaced the bulbs in my edenpure 1000 xl and it is still

Customer Question

I replaced the bulbs in my edenpure 1000 xl and it is still dead. Before I took the old one out I thought I made sure where all wires went. However something is wrong. I carefully looked over the circuit board and the transformer mounted on the chassis and did not see no burn or discolored marks on either.
I did a continuity check on the resistors and diodes and seem to be OK.
I want to make sure exactly where the wiring goes just to make sure. The one site had one but I want to make sure that I have everything right. I could not find a repair manual on the web. I would appreciate any help you give. Thank you, Joe
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I am constantly trying to find manuals on these units.Appears Edinpure doesn't like sharing much service info. Here is a link I found that shows the wiring at terminal blocks and a few troubleshooting ideas.It may help some.

https://edenpureservice.com/Portals/0/docs/Troubleshooting_1000XL.pdf

Also if you have not done so, go to You tube and type in Edinpure troubleshooting and you will find numerous videos that customers and techs have shred that might help.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Also here is a link to 7 of the most popular ones I have found.May be of some help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p-5w8tC9pw&list=PLnGQdstY8nI5wsgx1O4PH6B9RTTcHcZqh

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already tried those before I tried you. After the problems I've had and as many times as I have taken this thing apart since we bought it around 2007 I will trash this one and find some other one as soon as the ploughs get to our roads. Thank you for your time concerning, but as I said I will find something new at Home Depot or Lowe's. Thanks again, Joe
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again Joe. Wish I could be more help. think this is what Edinpure wants is people to trash them and buy another.Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.If you rate 3 or higher question is closed and we are done unless you have further questions.If you want a refund, do not rate, Let me know and I will contact administrators.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would prefer a refund ans I mentioned, I had already been to the sites you suggested and several others with no real help. Thanks again concerning this problem. You can be that I will never buy another EdenPure product.