HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My Amana heater was installed 7 years ago and has worked

Customer Question
Hello, my Amana heater was...
Hello, my Amana heater was installed 7 years ago and has worked great. In the last few months it seems to be on through out the day blowing cool air through the vents. If I turn up the heat it works fine. For some reason the fan is on throughout the day.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
1/24/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Do you have the thermostat fan switch set to ON?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, the thermostat fan switch is off.

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Many of these high efficiency units allow the blower to come on to help control humidity even when not actually calling for heat or cool. Some are controlled through dip switches in furnace and some through thermostat.What thermostat are you using?

Let me know and we can go from here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My thermostat model number is:
1F95EZ-0671PL.

OK it does not look like the 1F95 has the humidity control so let me take a look in furnace manual.

Quick question, do you have a humdifier in ductwork that is connected to the furnace?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I don't have a humidifier in duct work.
airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician