HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My name is ***** ***** and I have a Ruud heat pump that will…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** and I have a Ruud heat pump that will not come on. The status indicator blinks once. The blink codes suggests. 1 Blink – Ignition failure – 1 HR lockout. What do I do?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My heat stopped working and I realized that the fan on the heat pump could have been impaired (since we're in the middle of a blizzard in Maryland). So I went outside and removed the cover of the heat pump and removed all of the snow from inside (it was packed in and prevented the fan from turning). Then, I turned the heat on inside and it did not come on. So I took the cover off the furnace inside the house and pushed in a button and the heat came on, but it turned back off when I let the button go. So I taped the button (temporarily) but the heat still went out. I noticed the status button was not steady green so I check the troubleshooting steps on the illustration on the cover and it suggested that I may be having an ignition failure.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
1/24/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Please give me model on both indoor and outdoor units.